There are obvious power structures within these
- Primitive - Elders, and Ancestor power (often in
- Pagan - the Pantheon. But there are also charismatic,
"larger-than-life" leaders (heroes) or groups who
may be a modern version of these pantheons and the ancient heroes
(Evita, UK royal family in the 1990's ?)
- Sacred - Great Teacher, leading to a Priesthood,
dogma, and holy books, then religion.
- Scientific - Peer group review processes
- Personal Mythology - Self images, both positive
- Fairy Tales - Kings, Queens, Princes, Knights, etc.
- Urban Myths - Usually a protest or comment on modern
It is interesting that "the hero" is a unifying figure
which occurs in all types of mythology, and nearly all myths,
but perhaps 'the Actor' always becomes 'the hero' after a few
re-tellings of a story as it evolves.